Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Law Abiding Citizens

We never think it will happen to us..the pure..the innocent...the law abiding citizens of Lee County.

Until it does.

After stopping at a drugstore on 41 by Bell Tower Shops at 11.15am, I walked out to get into my car to see another car, in a totally empty lot, parked right next to me. As I walked across the front of my car to reach for the driver side, a woman jumps out of the back seat on the passenger side, and just stares at me.

Shocked, it was so surreal, I just stood there. She mumbles something about people not wanting to give directions, and I see her face is agitated, she's wired to the max..strung out on something. I can feel that jacked energy as I work with people regularly who are trying to beat addictions.

I still don't get the fact, or make the correlation, that she's robbing me, until, she jumps into her car and floors it into reverse.

I then jump in my car and look for my cell phone...gone. My check book, cash, gone.

I jump out of the car and run 5 steps towards her as she hits the gas and screams out of the parking lot.

Still shocked, I give chase to try at least to get her license plate. Now, I'm easily as wired as she is, adrenalin pumping...mad as I could ever imagine.

I come across 3 deputies, tell my story and 2 take off looking for her.

The odds are next to zero the money, $300 cell phone, checkbook, $400 gps system, or day planner with important phone numbers will ever be found.

And 99% of this was an error on my part. For the only time in the past 4 years, 4 years!!!!!, I did not lock my car. I was in the store for 5 minutes max, and violated emotionally and physically.

As an alpha male, a Life Coach, I want justice to be served, jail time served...I want her caught now. Lessons need to be learned.

As a minister and co founder of Church of Spiritual Light, a church right here in Fort Myers, I want her caught too. I want her to get into treatment. I would work with her absolutely for free. I want her in our church this Sunday, joining our service. I want justice served, in a different way.

You see , along with all that she stole from me, to feed her habit, she also took my peanut butter sandwich, and 3 apples. She must be starving.

The hole in an addict, or alcoholics body can never be filled with drugs or alcohol, because the pit is unfillable. You cannot quench the physical urge for the drug, without a powerful program of recovery. . That's why people like this women will do the unthinkable, rob someone in broad daylight, on one of the busiest roads around, to try and get enough money for a fix, or drink.

Heck, housewives do it too, sneak behind their husbands back and hide the money spent on alcohol.

Businessmen do it too, using their business expense accounts to get their fill of drinks each week. And, it's socially acceptable, but still stealing.

So, let's pray that this woman gets into a treatment program in some way..soon.

Thank you for your prayers for her...and please always lock your car doors.

Love, Peace, David Essel www.talkdavid.com

No comments:

Post a Comment