The Power of Positive Thinking was made incredibly famous by the book of the same name, written by Norman Vincent Peale. And , with all of the press about the power of this concept, there are huge limitations to it's application in life.
Mainly, that people who desire a change in their lives often stop after trying to change their mindset ..... in other words, they believe that by thinking positive thoughts their world will change.
I hate to disappoint those of us who want to believe that all we need to do is think positively, but as I've written before, positive thinking is just one of the many key steps to take if you want to live a more successful and joyful life.
Let me share briefly what I teach in my Life Mastery and Life Coach Certification workshops that will help you immensely right now:
1. Create positive intentions, statements to repeat every morning and evening.
2. Write a list of all of the things that you have gratitude for right now in your life.
3. Pick one goal to go after, and not more than one.
4. Create a specific daily action list, by a timeline, that is measurable . The key is daily steps.
5. Ask for assistance from a minister, friend, coach, or therapist to hold you accountable to your goals.
6. Rock on with your new life.
Slow Down. Get real with the keys to changing your life and remember if it seems too easy... to good to be true....if someone says "all you have to do is this one simple step, just think positively...." run for the hills....=). And then do what truly needs to be done to change your life forever.
Love, Peace, David Essel www.talkdavid.com