Wednesday, August 26, 2009

We can change at any age!

A while ago I receive an emotional phone call from a woman who was at her wits end, wondering if it would be possible to help her husband make some major life changes even though he was in his later years. .

"I can't handle this roller coaster ride anymore, I love him dearly, we've been married almost 40 years, but we need help, he needs help now! Or I will have to leave him. "

For many of us in life, we've bought into the old saying, that "you can't teach an old dog new tricks. " That belief is so outdated, yet many hold onto it mainly due to their fear of change. Yes, change can be scary at any age, yet in my line of work, it is the pathways to success, peace, love, and happiness.

The next day, this couple came into my office and the anxiety was written on both of their faces. Mark, had been struggling for the past 2 years with alcohol. At 85 years of age, he had rarely drank at all, and now over the past 24 months, he had been hiding his drinking, lying about it, and in the process every time he drank he became intolerant, obstinate and arrogant towards his wife.

He was open to help, and somewhat willing to meet with me everyday for 30 straight days, either over the phone or in person, but neither of them were aware that the shift would be so amazing, so incredible, over a short one month time period!

Here's what Mark had to say about his program of change.

"I wanted to save my marriage, and knew what I was doing was wrong, but I did not know how to change it on my own. I reached out to David, but had no idea that I could change so many things, including my attitude and my understanding of God, in such a short period of time!

His program was exactly what I needed to get focused, and to have a daily plan to follow to get me back on track. In all my years of church, which I love, I really did not believe that God, as I understood Him, could love me so personally, and care about me, my marriage, and my sobriety so deeply.

David's program and caring, has led me to a whole new life, I kid you not! At my age, I wasn't sure at all , that this could all happen, especially in just 30 days. It's been a miracle for me, and has proven to me that anyone can change at any age, and get the life of love and peace they want.

I truly recommend that anyone who wants a new life, a great, great life, should work with David and his program. My wife now tells me everyday, that our marriage is better now than it has ever been over the past 40 years! And she's right! Our thanks are very deep, and from our heart. "

As I re read his words, I know that it is true for anyone, at any age to change for the better. To find deep passionate love, to find inner peace, to create an income they love, a career they adore , a deeper connection of spirituality or religion, and anything else you could ever desire.

Decide today is the day to change regardless of what your age is, and reach out and ask for help.

Slow down.

Love, peace, David http://www.davidessel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment