Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Religion: Unification or Separation?

To those bound by religion, religion separates. One person will create the idea that their way is the only way to God, and try to push others into their own belief systems. "If you don't believe what I believe, you're going to hell." I received an email the other day from a very good friend telling me this, and it was a sad experience for me, not because it was true, but because now there is a separation in her mind between us.

I still love her, in my heart, not just in these words that you are reading. Most times when someone sends an email like this, they'll end it with "I love you". But can they really love you if they're telling you that you are now dammed for life? HMMMMMM..................

Religion, as I have said for years, is one of the greatest causes of lack, hate, distrust and judgement that this earth has ever known. As evidenced by the above reference. And, for those who are on a religious path that includes acceptance and true love, religion is the experience of heaven on earth.

I love all that I have learned in all the religions I have been exposed too, and find my relationship with God growing every day. Let's use the beauty of religion to unify, not separate.

Slow down, and find the bliss of love for yourself and others on your path today. Then, act in that loving way to everyone free of judgement.

Love, peace, Rev. David www.davidessel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment