Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Robin Williams, suicide, depression, and you.

 Suicide… Suicide……........ Like millions of other people…… I walk to the brink of suicide in 1990…… The pain was so intense of living life, of addiction, that I knew there was no other way out.… I bought the materials, pick the day,…… I was living in this amazing Beachhouse directly on the water, it seems to everyone that I have life By the balls…… Actually it was the other way around…… My depression, clinical deep outrageous depression, had me by the balls. I was screaming for help, all inside.…… No one could ever understand. No one would ever understand…… By looking at my outside world, the home, the car, the girlfriends….The Travel…… Both national and international put me on the edge of recognition….the national television segment in New York City, while I lived in Florida, brought great awareness to my work. ….My passion for helping others, could not make up for the void inside that was impossible to fill …… On the day it was to happen, I don't know why I didn't do it… It was planned… The execution was here…. and instead for some reason, I called out for help. The hardest call in the world…… Dialing that number of a psychiatrist screaming into his assistants phone…… That I don't care that he's booked for three months I have to be in his office today…. how do I find him? The damn phone book. I picked the name and called…… I do not judge anyone who takes their life, because I don't know the bigger picture. None of us do…. since that time I've worked with thousands of people in deep clinical depression…… Severe emotional disorders…… Outrageous addictions…… And all I can say is I sit with them in peace,…… And I understand pain…… As Robin leaves us, he's never gone. He will continue to inspire for the rest of eternity. And maybe, just maybe, the notoriety that depression and the whole world of mental health will receive from his passing, will open new eyes to other people that are about to do the same thing today. Or tomorrow. Or the next tomorrow. And just maybe this is God's blessing. I don't know this for sure, but I do believe it for sure. I love you, if you're struggling contact me or anyone else to get help. I will sit and be present with you. Just like the thousands of other professionals in this world to do this. You are more loved than you could ever imagine. David.

No comments:

Post a Comment