Friday, February 22, 2008

Slow Down

Slow Down

A rainy night
A short walk
Puppy appears
No name to be found

Full of life
Energy abounds
Submerged in puddles
To rise like a sub

On my way home
It follows
“You must go back
These roads are treacherous”

With her tail in motion
Smile on her lips
She refuses my warning
And follows me home

“I’m too busy tonight
You’re too energetic
Please go away”
I close the door

I ask an angel
To lead her home
Seconds pass, a car squeals
The puppy is dead

Were these words aimed at me?
“I’m too busy tonight
You’re too energetic
Please go away”
Not connecting with my own self

Tears stream
I wail in pain
For the puppy and me
One in the same

Slow down

(Excerpt from “Phoenix Soul: One Man’s Search for Love & Inner Peace”

Love, Peace, David www.talkdavid.com

No comments:

Post a Comment