If you watch television, listen to the radio and read the reports in the newspaper about the trials of people trying to find a job, you might just give up before you really give it your best shot. Finding a job today is possible, if you're willing to go above and beyond your normal interviewing/ searching practices.
Yes, you have a challenge on your hands. Yes it is possible to find work. The question you must ask yourself, is how bad do you want it?
I would love to share with you some proven job search methods that will help you today, or any day for that matter :
1) Create a great resume, even if you have to use a resume writer.
2) Get offline and in front of people. Too many people rely on the ease of the Internet when they should be asking for work in person.
3) Walk into 10 , yes, 10 businesses a day, ask for the manager, leave your resume and fill out an application...even if they have no jobs listed.
4) Take a job even if you think it's "below" your experience if your really need one...prove yourself, get humble, kick butt, and work your way to the top. Or are you too wrapped up in your own ego to do this?
5) Email and call 10 former contacts, friends etc. every day, asking them to refer you to anyone they know who you can contact about an open position.
6) Repeat steps 1-5 and watch your world change for the better.
Slow down. Do the action steps necessary to find work, even the ones you really do not want to do.
Love, peace, David Essel www.talkdavid.com