Thursday, December 4, 2008

"I am a Warrior"....Wayman Tisdale

As I was watching a college basketball game today, former NBA player Wayman Tisdale was interviewed in regards to the recent amputation of one of his legs, just above the knee, due to cancer.

The hosts were discussing his amazing attitude, and asked him how he could stay so positive during such a stressful time.

"I realized how blessed I have been...that it happened after I left Pro basketball is such a blessing...I look back at how I've always been pushed in my basketball career by coaches like Bobby Knight...who made me see that I can handle so much more than I ever thought I could....through my faith.....I've finally seen that I am a warrior."

Tears started to well in my eyes as I watched Wayman on tv. The smile on his face was so real, so true, and he just lost 1/2 his leg!!

I am a warrior as well. And as soon as you say it, say it out loud, you are a warrior too.

We all are warriors in life, something that we can say and feel with pride. The power that comes through the faith, the belief in yourself, can help you rise above anything that life can throw your way.

If you ever doubt it, just think of Wayman. And all of the other amazing human beings that we can look to who have overcome adversity. They are all leading us back home, home to our true powerful selves.

Slow down.

Love, peace, David Essel http://www.talkdavid.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment