Thursday, February 19, 2009

Success with Public Presentations/Speaking

One of the most amazing gifts that I receive on a weekly basis is the chance to see one of my many students breakthrough a block..a challenge..and see them on the other side....a success.

In one of my Life Mastery/Life Coach Certification classes that I teach, there was a woman who was deathly afraid of speaking in front of any group larger that two people. On the first day of class, without knowing where her fears in life resided, I asked her to stand and recite an exercise the whole class had done in writing.

Her response was a loud, and direct "No Way!".

I looked , a little shocked by the force in her voice, and eventually coaxed her into doing the exercise.

The next day she sent an email that explained how I had asked her to do the unthinkable, and that her goal was to be able to stand in front of a group of people and speak some day.

At our next class I offered her an assignment,to use the tools she had already been given in our course, and in 2 weeks to get up in front of our group and spontaneously talk just for 2 minutes on anything she would like to.

The result was stunning.
This 30 year old woman rocked the house! Her poise was fantastic. Her humor wonderful. Her confidence stunned everyone.

If anyone follows the principles that have been handed down and used in our work, their results will be the same.

Life Mastery is available to us all.

For more information, please visit www.lifecoachuniverse.com and sign up for our free mastery/coaching newsletters.

You will see identical results in your life, if you're willing to do the work.

Love, peace, David Essel. www.talkdavid.com

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the beautiful compliment.Tonight was our last class. I must say, i didnt want to leave. Your teaching is so inspirational. I encourage anyone who wants to become a life coach to take this course. Not only did I grow personaly but I was able to overcome my biggest fear. Speaking in front of people. Let me just say, it was probably one of the hardest things I have ever done.But David pushes you right threw it.I thought this course was mainly about becoming a life coach, but it was so much more than that. It also taught me how to be real with myself. Thank you so much David. Im looking forward to level two. God Bless,

    February 24, 2009 11:07 PM

    ReplyDelete