Thursday, January 15, 2009

Blocking Gossip..Enhancing Your Personal Power

A client that I have worked with for 10 months came to me with excitement in her eyes this week, as she described the personal power she felt when she refused to listen to someone trying to gossip about someone she knew.

"It was amazing how powerful I felt. Normally, if someone says "you're not going to believe what I heard about Jim...."....I'd be all ears! But I know that the work that I'm doing to enhance my confidence just got a huge boost this week, I feel just awesome about me!"

It seems that an acquaintance came to her wanting to give her the inside scoop about the last relationship her friend Jim was in...and what happened that ended his relationship...and the "juice" was heading towards Jim's role in the breakup. The stuff trash magazines are filled with, mainly half truths.

My client has been working diligently on walking away from people who are in love with gossip, or who call her to fill her in on the latest trash talk.

It has not been an easy road, as for 20 years her life was being a part of this talk. But, as she continues to rise above the mediocrity, she's finding a new life, one filled with a new energy, and also some different friends.

"Some people have just fallen away, those who want me to chime in, to listen to this crap, gossip talk. At first it hurt my feelings, but now I see the power in letting gossip go.I feel fantastic about me! "

Slow down.

Love, peace, David Essel www.talkdavid.com www.lifecoachuniverse.com

No comments:

Post a Comment