Saturday, July 18, 2009

Alcohol Recovery: An Amazing Success Story

Anyone can recover from alcohol abuse, or dependency, and there are millions of people right now who are walking success stories to prove this statement. And unlike some theories you may have heard about, you do not have to be fully ready to quit to be successful in sobriety. You do not have to truly want to quit to get sober. You do not even have to be at the absolute rock bottom of your life, as many will tell you, in order to live a free, happy, sober life.

I get so tired of hearing this crap about "if you're not fully ready to quit drinking, it will never work. " Hogwash. Baloney. What a bunch of drivel. How do I know that these statements are so off base? Because in the past 24 years of helping people to create the life they've always dreamed of, of helping people to get sober, most of my clients did not fall into any category of being "fully ready to quit, or at their absolute rock bottom."

Yes, a few were at rock bottom, but not the majority. A few were finally, fully ready to quit, but again, not very many.

Most of the people I have helped to recover from alcoholism, or alcohol dependency, were just like Randy, the man you are about to read about.

The day I first met Randy in my office, he was a mess. Filled with anxiety. His wife had recommended they come together the first session, to see if I might be a good match for him, to help him get sober. To get him off the anti-anxiety drugs he had been on for 10 years, and the alcohol that had been a part of his life for 38 years.

In all honesty, Randy told me he wasn't sure he was ready to quit drinking, and was not at all ready to give up his prescription drugs. As we've talked over the past several months, he told me recently he was about 30% ready to quit drinking, at the high end, but 70% of him as he sat in my office, wanted to keep drinking.

You see, you do not have to be ready to quit, you just have to be ready to meet someone who works in this field, and begin the process. That's all. One day at a time.

His anxiety was at an all time high due to his rocky marriage, his poor investments, the economy, as well as the fact that he might not drink again. I could see the nervousness in his eyes, how unsure he was just sitting in a recovery coaches office. I know those feelings all so well, as I once was in his shoes. I at one time felt the panic surrounding the fact that I might never drink again. Which is why I told them both, we'll just take this one day at a time.

Here's what Randy has to say about his decision to get into a recovery program with me:

"When I first meet David my entire life was total unmanageable and I was spinning out of control in every aspect of my life.

I had been using drugs and alcohol for 38 yrs.

Financially - I was at my bottom.

Personally - I was losing my wife and child after over a 1 ½ yr. of going through a divorce.

Health – I had lost over 30 lbs and taking many prescriptions drugs.

Spiritually – I was a lost soul.



David got me to agree to get sober off alcohol and drugs for one day.

I knew I had a problem with drugs and alcohol, however I could not go to rehab for 30 days and miss work as I felt like I would lose my job.



David put me on his 30 day program, for me it was like checking into a rehabilitation center. As his program held me accountable every day and night for 30 days.



TODAY I am sober and thinking like I did 20 years ago. Making clear and concise decisions.

My wife and I are working on reconciling our marriage.

I have a plan for my finances.

My health is improving everyday with eating right and exercise.

I am finding my soul and have surrendered my life to “My Higher Power”.



David’s program is not just a program that is pre-designed for one fits all. He customized a program that I personally needed for my life and it is working for me.

He is truly a life coach.

David has opened many doors in my life and helped show me the way to personal growth.

David is a VERY thought provoking person.



“Most important I am sober TODAY” with David’s program that was designed for me.



Randy

Randy's success is not rare, as a matter of fact it is becoming very normal for people who are at least ready to try. To try, and trust someone to help them build a program that fits their needs, lifestyle and personality.

There are many such programs available today, and we feel so excited about the future for anyone who is even the slightest ready to give life without alcohol and or drugs a shot. Over the years, I have gained so much insight myself as I see our clients free of addiction, free of the "gorilla on their back", that had prevented them from experiencing the amazing life they've always wanted.

I am so blessed personally to have found this path of sobriety, and it is now my mission to assist as many people as possible to let go of the "anchors" that are holding them back, and to become another success story themselves, as one other person who has recovered from alcohol abuse or dependency.

Slow down, reach out,and ask for the help you need today. Let go of the shame, let go of the guilt, and do what Randy and millions of others have done as their first step to sobriety from alcohol or drugs, ask for help today. Choose to get help, today.

Love, peace, David Essel http://www.davidessel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment