Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Does Life Have To Be This Hard?"

"Does life really have to be this hard...I mean all the time? " My Client, a 40 year old single mom was at the point of breakdown , again.

From financial challenges, to a recent relationship breakup, she wanted a break from the insanity, as she put it.

Her daily schedule was intense, her daily workouts were also intense, as was her desire to find a path without this much struggle.

Her story however, is a very common one. A story currently being played out amongst many of my clients..some very wealthy..some in long term marriages...some single people with no children.

So there is a thread here, a denominator, that we all can learn from.

As the Buddhists say, our suffering is always caused by our desire that life, or someone else, or even ourselves , be different than it, or they, or I am at this moment.

In other words, our inability to accept life on life's terms will always lead to suffering.

"If only my finances were better...if only my body was in better shape..if only I had a better relationship with God...if only my partner was sober...".

I think you get the idea.

So in reality, if we can release from time to time that life should be different than it is at this moment, we'd find a place of peace.

Life does not always have to be hard...but the change in the perception we hold is so much more important than what goes on around us.

Slow down.

Love, peace, David Essel www.talkdavid.com

No comments:

Post a Comment