Friday, September 4, 2009

Do You Really Love Yourself?

.....A client recently sat before me pleading for the path to inner peace. Instead of answering, I asked her if she loved herself, I mean really loved herself.

Her answer of course was the same that you or I might say if we want to escape the truth. Of course, we'd all say yes.

But do we really? And how would we know if we did, or did not?

For years I truly believed that I loved myself, and yet I chose to abuse alcohol and stay in unhealthy love relationships . So, how could I truly love myself and carry on those behaviors? The answer is simple, I couldn't. Something had to radically change if I wanted to truly prove to the world, myself, and my higher power that I did in fact love who I was.

And how about you? What are your actions saying, not your pretty thoughts, about the depth that you do really love yourself?

Do you overeat? Or involve yourself in any addictive behavoirs?

Are you looking for opportunities to gossip?

Do you hate, or dislike your current body?

Do you spend money on items you really don't need?

The list could go on and on.......but instead of that, simply look inside and do an honest evaluation of who you are, then decide today to stop the actions that prove a lack of self love, and get the help you need to love yourself again.

At the end of our session, my client looked at me and said "I really hate my body. I refuse to ever be naked around my boyfriend, and get angry if he walks in on me when I'm undressed. I guess I'm a ways from self love, and the inner peace I want."

For her, enlightenment had just occurred, as through admitting the truth, she now has the opportunity to change.

Slow down, learn how to love yourself more deeply today.

Love, peace, David http://www.davidessel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment