Monday, December 7, 2009

Tiger Woods: What to do now? We are like him

So, if you were Tiger Woods, what would you do right now? Did you ever stop to think that you, me , everyone, is identical to him in our lives right now?

There was a famous saying once that went something like..."people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." Hmmmmmm, or something like that.

Yet, if you're like me, the first thing I want to do when a celebrity goes down for being human, is to say things to feel superior. To throw stones. I do my very best not to do this, yes I do. And just because I'm a minister, trust me, I'm the last person in the world who should be commenting about someone else's errors.

So, how are you right now like Tiger?

What have you done in the past, that you would not want the world to know?

One of the major differences between you and Tiger, is that your life is not on camera 24/7. But if it was, what did you do yesterday, today, last month or 20 years ago that you would NEVER want your friends or co-workers to know about?

Over the past 20 years, I have been blessed to work with many couples that have gone through affairs, some have kept their marriages together, others have not. But not one of them were broad casted on the news. For the most part, they were able to keep their errors within their small community. Can you imagine if your error, was seen on the news?

This writing is all about perspective, love, support of others, and yes, love. You may not agree with what happened, but none of us know the whole story, and it is truly none of our business.

If you want to do something positive right now, pray for Tiger and his family to find the wise council needed to get everyone through this challenging time. Period.

Slow down, be a positive force in this world. Stop the gossip and negativity, and see how we are all more like Tiger, imperfect beings, than separate from him.

Love, peace, Rev. David www.davidessel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment